How to choose standard mold blanks for injection mold processing plants to reduce processing time
Injection molds are customized for different plastic products, but there are many similarities in the structure of injection molds. Therefore, in order to make molds more efficiently, injection mold processing plants have begun to use some standard mold blanks. In custom mold opening, injection mold processing plants It only needs to manufacture different molded parts to inject different plastic products, which greatly reduces the processing time of injection molds. So what issues should an injection mold processing plant pay attention to when choosing a standard mold blank?
1. The thickness of the mold blank and the closing distance of the injection molding machine are different for injection molding machines of different models and specifications, and the closing distance of the clamping mechanism with different structures is also different.
2. The relationship between the opening stroke of the injection mold and the distance between the front and rear molds and the required stroke of the ejected parts must be clear in the design. The ejection stroke should be greater than the distance between the front and rear molds required to remove the plastic part, and the plastic eject The required spacing of the parts should be less than the rated ejection stroke of the ejection cylinder of the injection molding machine.
3. The injection mold processing plant should pay attention to the following matters when installing the standard mold base:
1) The external dimensions of the standard mold blank should not be affected by the distance between the tie rods of the injection machine;
2) The positioning aperture and the size of the positioning ring must match well;
3) Whether the position of the ejection mechanism of the injection machine and the stroke of the ejector rod are appropriate;
4) Whether the nozzle aperture and spherical radius match the die casting sleeve aperture and spherical groove size;
5) The position and diameter of the mold base mounting hole should match the corresponding screw holes on the movable template and the fixed template of the injection molding machine.
4. When an injection mold processing plant chooses a mold base, it needs to understand the technical requirements of plastic parts and its injection molding process, to ensure the performance and reliability of plastic parts and injection molds, and the mechanical properties of mold parts, especially mold parts The strength and rigidity are checked and calculated to ensure that the dimensions of the front and rear molds and support plates meet the requirements of the mold structure.